I've been poking around and still did not start to read... It's 15:00, Hour 2 is about to start. I guess I'll put up my thread, do the opening meme and then start reading..
Minis will be added on the post as I do them.
I did the opening meme in goodreads status update for so long, I'm gonna do it again, even though I have all this space now.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll
do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most
looking forward to?
Answeres, goodreads style:
Doing Dewey's Read-a-thon! Hour0: 1-Split, Croatia; 2-The third one,
just so I can be proud I read that many; 3-Banana frape, it is a
standard beverage of my RaTs; 4-I'm a marine biologist with a twist;
5-Crackers and cheeeeeese, my new obsession..
It's time to start reading...
Even though I have 4 books that I am currently reading, I'm starting another one... Andrzej Sapkowski : Blood of Elves.
Wish me luck!
MINI: Title haiku
The books in my reading pile are mostly in Croatian. My haiku would look like this:
Zvjezdana prašina - Stardust (Neil Gaiman)
Električni snovi - Electric Dreams (Philip K. Dick)
Sjajne zeznute godine - Bliss Was It in Bohemia (Michal Viewegh) - literal translation from Croatian of this title is: Wonderful tricky years
MINI: Modern Classics
Which books, published in the 21st century will likely be classics 100 years from now?
I don't know... I know some books I would love to see stand the test of time.
If I had to pick one, I would say, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - C. North
MINI: Book and a snack
MINI: Seasons to read
Do you have special books that you re-read each season?
I do get inspired to read Halloween or Xmas themed books and might say I
prefer some light reading during summer vacation. But other than that I
did not notice a pattern in my reading habits.
to the Readers Imbibing Peril reading challenge I did find out people
associated autumn with some spooky genres.
MINI: Monster Mash
What creatures would you like to read about going head-to-head and how do you think it would turn out?
Alien vs Shrike from Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons. I also wonder, what would the offspring be like, if it ever came to that.
MINI: Halloween story swap
I would like you to think of a favorite character or story-world from a
favorite book. Then, re-imagine that character or world as a classic
Halloween figure or scenario (witch, zombie, vampire,
werewolf/graveyard, haunted house, cornfield, etc.)
Peter Pan is a ghost. Wendy was actually in a coma while with him and waking up from it brought her back to London.
1. What are you reading right now?
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
1. Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski, came back to it again after leaving it on the side for another.
2. Finished one I started before RaT, read one manga and am reading this one
3. It would be great if I could finis this one, but I don't see that happening
4. Yea. I created them, so dealing was not in the picture
5. The drop in number of hosts for mini challenges
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you happy?
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you
be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
1. The first one. I just kept doing something else and couldn't start reading and when I did start reading, couldn't concentrate and kept rereading same page.
2. I finished last 66 pages of the book I started earlier, which is about 20% so I don't think it counts. I read a manga Fuan no Tane Vol2, and about a third of Blood of Elves. Let's just say I got distracted a LOT.. :D
3. I loved reading The Series of Unfortunate Events in the previous years. I would recommend that.
4. For the next RaT I want to build a fort out of cushions and blankets. But that doesn't really include you.... I would like to have a closing post just saying it is over, good job guys, right after the one for Hour 24. The way it is now it leaves me lacking closure. Wrap up with data and statistics can come days later and it will be ok.
5. As long something serious doesn't stop me, I will participate. I've been here since 2012, I'm not going anywhere :D And I am always willing to help.